RIGID CALENDERED PVC
Trioplastics is proud to be the only South African manufacturer using the calendering process to produce PVC films. The calendering process has the following advantages over the traditional T-die extrusion process used by other local manufacturers:
- Even gauge: Gauge tolerances on the calendered PVC is around 3% compared to extruded PVC with a tolerance of 10%.
- Cost effectiveness: The even gauge ensures that the customer is getting the material that he is paying for. Yield is accurate and makes the costing of the material simpler.
- High gloss and quality: The product is very clear and the gloss value is extremely good due to the high quality of the calender rollers.
- Stability: Calendered PVC is less likely to degrade and have stress in the material thus less chance of webbing in the thermo forming process.
- Lamination: Even gauge is an advantage for any lamination process such as credit cards etc.
- Thermo forming clamshells, blister packs: With excellent vacuum forming ability, this material is impact resistant and chemical resistant, which makes it an excellent choice for forming packing boxes for stationery, toys, tools, gifts and other merchandise.
- Box folding: This material is transparent which helps enhance merchandise display. Using a special formula, this material can go through folding processes without producing a white edge.
- Printing: This material is suitable for printing and is also curve resistant, impact resistant and has great lamination ability. The material can also be made into credit cards, registration cards, etc.
- Food and Pharma grade packaging: The material is made according to a special non-toxic formula which ensures suitability for food and pharmaceutical packaging.
- Stationery: The material satisfies the requirements of stationery fabrication which can be easily punched cut, embossed, laminated and heat sealed to make albums, file folders, etc.
- Cooling Tower: This film possesses excellent chemical and high heat distortion resistance, making it suitable for cooling tower filers and waste water treatment panels.
||380, 450, 500, 540, 610
||As required up to 1150mm
||0.1 - 0.8mm
||As per customer sample
*PLEASE NOTE THAT WHERE POSSIBLE WE WILL ACCOMMODATE CUSTOMER REQUESTS
**SHEETING IS ALSO DONE
***PLEASE SPEAK TO OUR SALES STAFF ABOUT NON STANDARD ORDERS